Find out How PTS Clinical Directors like Jen Transform Your Program
Plenty of staffing agencies can fill empty slots in your district’s therapeutic services program. But do they go above and beyond simply sending you personnel?
PTS, Inc. does. We’re more than a staffing solution. We transform programs like yours into holistic, highly efficient special education delivery systems. Our qualified team members are equipped with resources developed by therapists themselves. Plus, we utilize some of the most innovative data collection and analysis technology used in school therapeutic services today.
Our Clinical Directors are key players in making these transformations happen.
Meet PTS Clinical Director Jennifer Cave
During Jen’s junior year in college, she started volunteering at Seashore House, an 18-bed inpatient rehab unit in the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She says the experience changed her life’s direction. To think that playing with children all day could help them realize their full potential thrilled her. Jen switched career paths and hasn’t looked back since.
A graduate of the Occupational Therapy program at Thomas Jefferson University, Jen is now a PTS Clinical Director. She provides hands-on management and on-site support for districts’ therapeutic services programs, as all our Clinical Directors do.
We match a Clinical Director to every district we work with. Like Jen, all our directors are professional therapists who’ve honed their therapeutic service skills during many years in school-based special ed programs.
Their education and experience make them highly qualified to:
- Handle staffing shortfalls to ensure consistent, quality services.
- Oversee student movement on and off caseloads so the children who most need help get it.
- Review therapists’ schedules to maximize your program’s efficiency.
- Keep all documentation in good order and monitor compliance of therapy service laws and regulations.
Directors like Jen handle your program’s routine operation. They also solve any out-of-the-ordinary problems before those situations escalate. And they do it all on-site, with the therapists and the students they serve.
Clinical Directors Use Their Therapeutic Service Skills to Support You
Every district we partner with is unique. Still, to get an idea of the support you can expect to receive, read what some of our clients have to say about working with Jen.
- Better Staffing Matches – Clinical Directors are in your district’s buildings to observe and understand each one’s culture. They can quickly fill your program’s empty therapist positions with exactly the right personnel. Think of them as the perfect matchmakers.
“Anytime there is a question regarding scheduling, a unique student case or need for additional staffing, we always contact Jen. She is the link between the school personnel and the therapists! Communicating directly with Jen saves a lot of time!”
—Leigh Ann Ranieri, West Chester Area School District
- More Qualified Therapists – Clinical Directors train, consult with, and provide clinical support to the independent contractors PTS uses to deliver therapeutic services. We don’t send staff to your schools and forget about them! Also, Clinical Directors arrange in-services, so teachers and paraprofessionals are more likely to use intervention strategies in the classroom. This magnifies your program’s positive impact.
“PTS has provided our district with a level of support we appreciate. They provide us with excellent therapists. The best supports, in my opinion, have been the training opportunities the Clinical Director has designed based on our individual needs. These trainings have supported our paraprofessional staff in a variety of topics including self-help, fine motor coordination, handwriting, and sensory profiles.”
—Michele Bleacher, Germantown Municipal School District
- Reduced Burdens on Special Ed Administrators – Clinical Directors solve the everyday problems your program faces so you don’t have to. When especially tough cases you need to be involved with arise, they’ll consult with you and offer practical guidance. They take as much off your plate at the building level as possible. This translates to having more time and energy to identify and implement ways to make progress at the district level.
“As a supervisor, you have collaborated with me several times to work through challenging cases to ensure our students’ needs are being met. When needed, you have proactively alerted me to situations (such as scheduling challenges for PT) that, when handled early, were able to be resolved fairly quickly.”
—Lisa Phifer, West Chester Area School District
- Improved Program Development – Clinical Directors analyze and interpret data and trends from your program so you can make it the best it can be. For example, if new referrals in a building increase, the director will examine the reasons why. Then, she or he will introduce appropriate policies, such as reinforcing a screen-first referral process or embedding classroom-based intervention strategies. Clinical Directors can show you how to make your program more responsive and effective, especially on a tight budget.
“I appreciate Jen’s openness to discussing ways we can better serve our students through initiatives in our classrooms. I look forward to continuing the discussion of a continued tiered support of services to better serve students at the universal level.”
—Cathy Koenig, Perkiomen Valley School District
Solving Your Program’s Problems in Thoughtful, Innovative Ways
Jenny Le Sage, Director of Special Education for Radnor Township School District, has worked with PTS since 2010. She calls Jen, “a thoughtful and innovative problem solver.” Once you work with PTS, you’ll find that description fits all our Clinical Directors. They proactively work to improve your program in custom-tailored ways. They are key to the unparalleled level of service we offer.
Are you ready to discover how PTS and our Clinical Directors can support your district? Call 610-941-7020 or contact us here for more information.