Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) Jobs

Are you pursuing a career as a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA)? If you feel passionately about advocating for students with disabilities, this could be the right path for you.

PTS provides BCaBA services in school districts as part of Autistic Support programs and Early Intervention (EI) services. As a BCaBA with Pediatric Therapeutic Services, you will have all the support you need to secure your first or next job.

Questions? Contact Us.

BCaBAs Love Working With PTS as an Independent Contractor

As an independent contractor with PTS, you can also customize your work schedule to suit your needs and establish the work-life balance you want. While school-based therapists typically work during school hours, you can also set and bill for “off-hour” availability.

PTS will also connect you with an independent broker who can help you secure health insurance and accurately report your income on your taxes, including writing off any work expenses for which you may be eligible.

How PTS Can Guide You Throughout Your Career

Long after your first day, our Clinical Directors will be available daily to provide you with field-specific resources and support, including ongoing trainings for license renewals and certifications. Many PTS therapists build a strong relationship with their colleagues and Clinical Director through one-on-one conversations and regular team meetings.

Experts & Mentors

Our team consists of highly qualified professionals who are ready to help you throughout your journey as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. PTS’s Clinical Directors not only support our partnering districts with day-to-day operations, but they also act as guides and mentors for each of the therapists on our team.

Resources & School Based Academy

As a BCaBA with PTS, you will also have access to therapist-developed resources, including a School Based Academy program. This gives you the opportunity to practice and further develop school-based skills you can apply directly to your career as a Behavior Analyst.

Simplified Billing & Compliance With BudgetWatch™

For more than two decades, PTS has been adopting technology that enhances and maximizes related services, allowing us to make that seamless transition during COVID-19 and after. Our therapists bill with ease through our proprietary BudgetWatch™ software, which we use to collect and analyze data that enables real-time adjustments.

While we don’t offer our own remote learning platform, we do help our therapists use the full potential of our partners’ chosen platforms to provide the best possible care to students while providing remote services.

What Does a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) Do?

BCaBAs study the principles of learning and behavior. A few of their areas of study include behavioral economics, Autism, special education, and more. To become a BCaBA, you must have an undergraduate level certification in behavior analysis from an accredited organization.

Once you are certified, you become eligible to work under the supervision of a certified professional at the BCBA/BCBA-D level. During this time, you can expect to:

  • Analyze data
  • Develop school programming
  • Write and revise behavior-treatment plans
  • Supervise other staff members in certain cases

At PTS, we take a collaborative and Whole-Child Approach to therapeutic services. This means that our therapists work together as a team to provide support services that address the whole child.

Steps to Becoming a BCaBA

After you take and pass the BCaBA certification exam and/or receive an accredited degree and complete the accompanying coursework, you must continue to maintain your competencies. This includes reading literature, attending conferences, and completing ongoing coursework.

To keep your BCaBA certification, you must also get recertified every two years. PTS can help you both receive the necessary ongoing supervision you need as a BCaBA and adhere to the stringent ethical requirements within the field.

BCaBA Career Advancement

As a BCaBA, you will also have plenty of opportunities to advance your career by gaining additional experience, certifications, and/or with an accompanying master’s degree in sociology, social work, psychology, or another relevant field. A few of the many certifications you can explore include:

CAS (Certified Autism Specialist)

This certification demonstrates a high-level of competency working with students who have Autism and requires a minimum of two years of field experience, in addition to a required master’s degree.

AC (Autism Certificate)

This specialization is for professionals working to diagnose and support students with Autism.

RBT (Registered Behavior Technician)

RBTs are skilled at utilizing applied behavior analysis with students with disabilities and are knowledgeable about school and home-based behavioral interventions. To earn this title, you must be a high-school graduate and over 18 years old with a clean background check.

Jumpstart Your Career as a BCaBA: Apply Today

Are you ready to start exploring or to continue your career as a BCaBA with PTS? Apply today!

View Open Positions