Welcome to The Capable Classroom™
Designed by therapists and tested by oodles of kids, our products focus on this integrative approach from three different angles:
1. Pre-referral intervention strategies. PTS’ classroom initiatives will change the way teachers make referrals. Some students don’t need therapy, but they do need support. Our RtII modules for handwriting, sensory and speech issues provide students and teachers with the help they need and when they need it. There’s no waiting involved!
2. Role release and carryover. Progress happens when students are in an environment that allows them to practice the skills they’re working on all throughout their day. Having The Capable Classroom products available during center time, indoor recess, and small group instruction facilitates the carryover in a natural and organic way.
3. Graduation from therapy! That’s the goal, right? When students are ready to take that next step, they’ll still have access to therapeutic activities and strategies that support their classroom performance.
Need a few quick and easy tips to share?
Check out this one below, then head over to our resource page.
The Capable Classroom™ is all about integration through the creation of therapeutic environments that will benefit all students!
Why Make The Investment
The Capable Classroom expands therapeutic reach and multiplies the impact of related services because of the following:
- The focus is on inclusion; these activities are small group and classroom based.
- Activities, games, and resources are integrated into the child’s school routine to provide daily exposure to therapeutic support.
- These activities and strategies are perfect to use as pre-referral interventions, or as part of a Multi-Tier System of Supports program.
- Tools and resources can be used as classroom carryover activities for students who are on the therapy caseload; students can achieve therapy goals sooner.
- Paraprofessionals and parent volunteers are encouraged to implement the small group activities.