Licensed Certified Mental Health Professional
*All of our positions are currently filled. Please feel free to submit your information for future consideration.
Students’ unmet mental health needs pose barriers to learning and development. Because of LCMHP’s training and position, they are uniquely qualified to provide instruction, appraisal and advisement and short-term counseling to students and referral services to students and their families. Our mental health team provides a program designed to meet the developmental needs of all students using a Multi-Tiered Systems of Support approach. Our model is designed to allow students to access the appropriate level of support, wherever they are on the continuum at any given time. Interventions are tiered to allow for increased intensity and individualization of support during times of crisis or transition, with an eye toward fading supports, with the goal of building capacity, not dependency. As a component of this program, LCMHP’s collaborate with other educators and community service providers to meet the needs of the whole child.
Our multi-disciplinary, integrated approach allows mental health providers to have the opportunity to learn from and incorporate tools and concepts from other related services providers, including sensory integration for self-regulation, strategies to facilitate social pragmatic language and behavioral health support as needed for small group sessions and more complex individual students. Both our counselors and the students we serve benefit from this multi-disciplinary model. Responsibilities include:
- Providing mental health and wellness services and programs that foster pro-social skills and appropriate behavior
- Identifying the mental health and behavioral needs of students and developing treatment plans
- Conducting clinical interviews, assessments, observations, and writes clinical reports
- Providing individual, group, and family therapy services
- Reviewing referrals of students who need intensive mental health services to recommendations for behavioral health therapy services
- Providing support in the development of behavior support plans
- Maintaining and facilitating communication with and between families, mental health staff, and teaching staff
- Conducting crisis and/or risk assessment and response
- Providing training to students, parents, and staff in behavioral and social-emotional related preventions, interventions, and curricula
- Participating as a member of the school team and integrating within the school-wide culture and system
- Maintaining appropriate documentation of services
Find Your Perfect LCMHP Position with PTS!
At Pediatric Therapeutic Services (PTS) we know you’re entering a vitally important field at a moment where your training and skills have never been needed more. You can browse our currently available LCMHP jobs in Pennsylvania and Delaware. We’ll help you find a perfect placement where you can help students access and achieve more in their education than they could without you!