Innovative Pediatric Therapy Services
Our Innovative Pediatric Therapy Services
At Pediatric Therapeutic Services (PTS), we offer holistic special education support services to schools and early intervention programs by providing a team of the region’s top therapists. Through our wide range of related services as well as innovative tools, strategies, and resources, we go above and beyond to support students and school administrators, all while keeping a careful eye on your bottom line.
Learn about our services here and then reach out to PTS to ask us how we can help you improve your program while also reducing your budget.
We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so we provide services based on the specific needs of each district or program. Our therapists are all highly trained and qualified in their specialty and dedicated to providing students and schools with the related services they need to succeed.
In school-based occupational therapy, “occupations” refer to daily activities like playing, learning, and socializing, and how they intersect in classroom learning. Our school-based occupational therapists help students with motor, sensory, and visual-perceptual impairments improve their ability to:
- Manipulate tools (like scissors)
- Draw and write legibly
- Attend to tasks and organize work
- Perform self-care skills
School psychologists evaluate the effectiveness of a student’s academic program, classroom routine, and treatment strategies to see where improvements can be made to promote healthy emotional and mental health. Our school psychologists perform:
- Comprehensive psychology evaluations
- Consultations with school personnel
- Individual and group counseling
- Teacher trainings on various learning and mental health topics
Our school psychologists provide support through individual, group, and organizational interventions and counseling.
Behavioral health providers work with the administration to establish protocols to ensure that students are supported by the appropriate specialist. The PTS Behavioral Health team includes:
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts
- Licensed Behavior Specialists
- Registered Behavior Technicians
- Applied Behavior Analysis Instructors
School-based physical therapy helps students with physical and motor skills disabilities feel comfortable and supported in their physical environment so that they can learn and socialize at the same pace as their peers. Physical therapists may help students with activities like:
- Getting on and off the school bus
- Accessing outdoor play equipment
- Safely navigating stairs, curves, and ramps
- Maintaining a sitting posture due to low muscle tone
The social workers at PTS aim to help students function, learn, and succeed scholastically and socially while navigating social forces that may negatively affect their role as students. School-based social workers are trained mental health professionals who act as the link between home, school, and community. They may help students succeed in the classroom by:
- Assessing students’ biopsychosocial well-being
- Evaluating students’ most pressing challenges and identifying viable treatment strategies
- Making home visits
- Providing case management services
- Facilitating student and family access to financial and healthcare assistance programs
- Staging crisis interventions and delivering direct support and therapy to students
School-based speech-language pathologists allow students to improve their ability to participate and excel in class by helping them grow their oral and written vocabulary and sentence structure. They primarily assist students who have speech or language barriers that prevent them from:
- Understanding and participating in classroom instruction
- Developing and maintaining relationships with others
- Expressing their needs to teachers and other adults
- Understanding classroom rules and expectations
Technology and Other Tools to Support Students and School Districts
In an increasingly digital world, it’s vital to have the right technologies to provide the services schools and students need to succeed. That’s why PTS offers digital tools and services to help you grow and improve your special education program while reducing program costs.
Our innovative BudgetWatch™ software allows you to collect data on critical aspects of your therapy program, such as:
- Therapist caseloads
- Program efficiency
- Disability and FBA referrals
- Therapy costs
- Overall program effectiveness
Budget Watch™ and Program Summary Reports
Once all the data is collected, our Program Summary Reports, or BudgetWatch™ Summary Reports, allow you to use that information to get a concise overview of what is happening in your related service program.
As PTS management analyzes trends and consults with therapists to uncover driving forces behind those trends, we’re able to offer data-driven solutions for improving and refining your program, including:
- Making budget forecasts
- Controlling costs
- Pinpointing areas in need of additional teacher training
- Correcting small problems before they become big ones
- Comparing trends from year to year
- Getting a long-term picture of what is happening in your therapy program
As students continue to learn in a digital or hybrid format, it’s crucial that schools are able to seamlessly transition from in-person to remote learning without an interruption in student progress. For more than two decades, PTS has been adopting technology that enhances and maximizes related services, allowing us to make that seamless transition during COVID-19 and after.
While we don’t offer our own remote learning platform, we can help you discover and use the full potential of yours to deliver therapy services to your students.
Why Choose PTS for Your Related Services?
At PTS, we bring a holistic approach to your special education program, so we can effectively integrate our related service professionals with your school’s specific needs. Our service delivery model:
- Streamlines program operations
- Improves classroom performance
- Reduces special education expenses
We do this by staying as involved in your program as you are. In addition to providing schools with highly trained and qualified clinicians, our experienced clinical directors continue to deliver ongoing support through:
- On-site therapist supervision
- In-service training for teachers and paraprofessionals
- Day-to-day management of your program
Our continued investment in your program provides our therapists with the support they need to succeed while taking on small day-to-day program management tasks that free up school administrators to focus on the big picture.
Plus, with our multi-tiered support system (MTSS) approach, we’re consistently monitoring and assessing student progress so that they can be discharged from the special education program when they no longer need services. This lightens therapist caseloads and helps to reduce costs overall.
Utilize Our Innovative Pediatric Therapy Services Today
Consistently recognized as a leader and an innovator, Pediatric Therapeutic Services stands ready to help move your program forward. You can increase the good you do for students without increasing your costs! Reach out today to find out how PTS can help you improve your special education program.